- Title: Outlook Client Installation for Curo 2011 | Filed Under: Getting Started, Outlook Integration with Curo | Views 732 times. | Rating: Unrated | Created by: Jason Allman on Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 12:51 AM | Last Updated: Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Outlook Client Installation for Curo 2011
This document explains how to Download, install and configure the CRM 2011 Outlook client for use with Curo. All steps are given for Windows 7. Required steps may be slightly different for previous versions of Windows.
Nb: for Windows 7 / Vista: If at any time you receive a User Account Control prompt during the setup process, please click Yes:
Section 1 Downloading the outlook client for outlook 2011
- Please ensure you are logged on to the computer as a user who has Local Administrator privileges.
- Check which version of outlook you are using 32bit or 64bit.
To determine whether you have the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Outlook (2010)
- Start Outlook then click on File » Help.
- The version is displayed in the ‘About Microsoft Outlook’ section
- Click the following link. http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=27821
This will take you to the Microsoft download page for the Outlook client where you can click on the Download button appropriate to your version of Outlook:
- For the 32-bit version of Outlook the file required is ‘CRM2011-Client-ENU-i386.exe’
- For the 64-bit version of Outlook the file required is ‘CRM2011-Client-ENU-amd64.exe’
- When prompted whether to run or save the file choose Save as:
- Choose your Desktop (or another location you’ll remember) as the destination for the saved file and click Save:
- The installation file will be downloaded and saved to your Desktop (or chosen location)
Section 2 - Install the Outlook client
Nb: Please ensure that Outlook is closed before beginning installation.
- Locate and Double-click on the installation file to begin the setup
- When prompted for a folder in which to store the extracted files, accept the default location and click OK.
- The files will be extracted to the selected location and setup begins:
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- On the ‘Select the installation’ page, click Install Now.
- When installation is complete and the following page is displayed, click Close:
Section 3 - Configure the Outlook client for use with Curo
To configure the outlook client you will need the following details; URL for your Installation of Curo CRM and your Username & Password. These can be found in your welcome pack email(s).
- Click on Start »All Programs »Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 » Configuration Wizard.
- On the ‘Configure Organization’ page, enter the URL https://dev.mycrmservice.net The URL acts as a discovery URL which will only show organisations relevant to your Curo login credentials. When added, click Test Connection:
- When prompted, please enter your username and password, ensuring the Remember my password and connect me automatically box is ticked:
- Check that the correct organisation is displayed and click OK:
- Once the following screen is displayed, setup is complete:
Curo / Outlook Ribbon and Navigation
Viewed 195 times since Tue, Dec 20, 2011